Social media is the blending of technology and social connections for the purpose of communicating with present and future fans and clients.
Knowing how to use social media is an essential 21st century skill that you can acquire with our new social media topics. Social-media success is most often just a long list of little things done right each day.
While there may be no real shortcut to success, the below tips will help get your social media marketing campaign on the right track. Got questions? Ask a social media expert here!
Here are some free Social Media Tutorials from Facebook to Blogging basics.
Here are some other topnotch FREE Social Media eBooks and Guides from Industry Leaders including Oracle, IBM, Citrix, JanRain, SalesForce, Brainshark and others!
1. SOCIAL MEDIA HYPE TO MARKETING: 3 Steps toward Building Stronger Customer Relationships – 48 percent of marketers admit that their social media marketing efforts are totally wasted, frustrating their attempts to create richer customer relationships.
• Hit-or-miss tactical campaigns that do not contribute to a top-line marketing strategy
• Continued reliance on brand and mass-marketing techniques less relevant to today’s content-sharing culture
• Most importantly—failure to deliver a clear marketing return on social media efforts
Click here: http://bit.ly/1fUp7xA
2. MARKETING SURVIVAL 101: The Art of Re-purposing Content . This white paper will provide an inside look at how leading social media experts are reaching more prospects by repurposing existing content and delivering it in a creative, targeted traffic and measurable activity that fuels successful in lead generation, while also saving time and money.
Click here: http://bit.ly/19tzxPO
3. PUBLISH OR PERISH: Brands as Publishers – Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their brand stories in the most compelling ways possible. To reach today’s audiences, businesses must incorporate video testimonials into marketing communications and distribute multimedia content across many social platforms.
Learn more here: http://bit.ly/18IYkjt
4. THE FOUR C’s OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE C SUITE
– Social media is becoming the executive equivalent to catching lightning in a bottle. It has quickly gone from ultimate focus group and brand popularity contest to a serious digital marketing platform. Read on to learn more:
5. BEST PRACTICES FOR SOCIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE – Confused about how to get started with social customer service or how to take it to the next level? Join our webcast features and learn her best practices for the best social media customer service.
Click here: http://bit.ly/1aeAFHU
6. ASSESSING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ANALYTICS: Eight Metrics That Matter – Those wanting to advance analytics to a new level need to understand their analytics activities across the organization, from both an IT and business perspective. An assessment focusing on eight key analytics metrics can be used to identify strengths and areas for improvement in the analytics life cycle.
To learn more here: http://bit.ly/H1fKgH
7. ENGAGED COMMERCE: To drive revenue, you have to first engage your audience. To engage your audience, you need to communicate in a relevant way with them. Social Marketers who evolve their strategies to an Engaged Commerce approach have a strong competitive advantage.
Find out more here: http://bit.ly/1aeAM6t
8. SEVEN WAYS TO INSPIRE CUSTOMER LOYALTY – Making sure previous customers continue to buy from you is important to practically every organization. We have identified seven practices that can help inspire and stimulate customer loyalty. To learn more, click here: http://bit.ly/1aFeWpn
9. INTEGRATING SOCIAL INTO BUSINESS PROCESS with Social Media Collaboration Tools – The use of too many communication channels can actually hinder collaboration. This Yankee Group white paper explores how built-for-business social work spaces enable employees to move projects to completion faster.
Click here: http://bit.ly/17a89Xy
IMPORTANT NOTE: All these guides are completely safe to download. Some antivirus programs, like Norton or Macafee, may generate a popup warning but these are known issues. Hurry to get them because these downloads are only available in limited numbers. Also, feel free to forward this email to your friends and colleagues who might benefit. Sharing is caring!