Getting a website listed in top search engines especially getting found on Page #1 of major search engines is a little harder than it used to be, but this article explains the changing face of SEO in 2014.
In years past, all you has to do was pretty much amass thousands of backlinks of any kind all pointing back to your landing page or money site. Those days are long but gone. That being said, it has been an eventful year in 2013 especially in terms of updates from Google. Major changes in the SEO world in 2013 included further releases of Penguin, Panda, Hummingbird, and of course the shift away from providing Google keyword data, thanks to the all new encrypted search.
Many SEO experts have been asking whether SEO as a tool to rank websites is dead and for those working in the SEO industry this is a little scary not knowing if our jobs are in jeopardy. In 2013, Google started taking major steps in fighting SPAM, and thus shifted the playing field for all SEO professionals and their clients.
— HalifaxWebDesign (@HalifaxWebSEO) January 8, 2014
So in 2014, trying to beat your competitors for your keywords and still trying to rank your website high, may be challenging. One this hasn’t changed; you still need quality authority backlinks from existing sites back to yours, as well as quality content with anchor text.
Professional SEO experts know that you have to build a solid SEO performance in 2014 with white-hat techniques to continue to built on what we learned in 2013, as well as what these changes mean strategically for SEO.
Content Marketing is Key!
Content marketing will be the key to SEO and professional internet marketing in 2014. From an SEO expert‘s perspective, Google will be focusing on companies that have made robust SEO / content marketing efforts in the hopes that this is sign that they are the kind of business Google wants to support.
Advantages to good content strategy:
- Regular content targeted to your audience.
- Social signals from regular posting and sharing with your audience
- Measurable activity and or signs that your website is growing.
- Increasing authority and website page rank connected to your body of work
If you have specific questions or are looking for help with SEO contact me at http://seoserviceshalifax.com – we can help you get found in search engines on Page #1 the right way. Get quality SEO backlinks services from an SEO Expert.
Get a Google+ Presence!
In addition to strengthening your overall SEO and social media marketing position, it’s going to be absolutely critical that you strongly invest in your Google+ presence.
- Establishing Google Authorship of your article content and linking it to your Google+ account is a major factor in determining who the major players will be in 2014 as far as SEO goes. Authorship connects your content with Google+ and plays an important role in the SERPs (search engine results pages). In the end you will have strengthened your overall Author Rank.
- Those Google+1’s add up with regular posting of solid originally content. It is becoming clearer just exactly how much Google +1’s will directly contribute to the overall ranking of our authorship and page-rank in general. It is actually going to be a major factor in the “social signals” component of Google’s algorithm in 2014. Expect Google+, authorship and quality content to play a major factor in your sites scorecard in 2014.
How Does an Honest Company Get Ranked on Google?
Stay the course with white hat tactics and pay attention to quality content, quality backlinks, guest blogging, in order to improve your organic search engine visibility in 2014.